Adult Services: Vocational Guidance Center (VGC)
& Willoughby Workshop
Two work-activity centers offer:
- Vocational training
- Habilitation services
- Leisure, social and self-help activities for seniors with developmental disabilities
- Therapeutic communication and skill-building for individuals with multiple disabilities
Adult Services: Community Employment Services (CES)
Community Employment Services are available to individuals with disabilities over the age of 16 whose vocational skills are applicable for paid employment opportunities in community businesses.
- Individual placements occur when a company directly hires an individual as a regular employee on its payroll.
- Enclave site employment is a subcontract job shared by more than one individual served through CES.
- Mobile work crews are teams of individuals who work at one site for a short period, then move on to another in the course of a workday.
Adult Services: Deepwood Industries, Inc.
This independent, nonprofit corporation secures paid work opportunities and contracts for people with developmental disabilities at VGC, Willoughby Workshop and CES. Deepwood Industries is a valued resource to a wide range of local businesses. The employees are skilled in various areas such as:
- Lawn Maintenance
- Food Service
Vocational Guidance Center (VGC) & Willoughby Workshop
Community Employment Services (CES)
Deepwood Industries, Inc.
Job Search Links: